Hometown: Zimmerman, MN
Mens World Ranking 2019/2020: 82nd
Mens World Championship 2019/2020: 72nd
Competing Since: 2016
When did you learn to skate?
- 5 years old
Did you play hockey growing up?
- Yes, I have played hockey my whole life.
What other sports did you play growing up?
- Football and Baseball
If you could do anything non-athletic in your spare time, what is it?
- Watch sports, or play cards
Describe going down an IceCross track for the first time:
- I was extremely nervous and excited at the same time. At first, I was wondering what I was thinking, about to go down the track in St. Paul. I think part of my excitement was that I had drank about 4 Red Bulls before going out there. Once I dropped, I immediately fell, but I remember thinking "Wow, that didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would" and got back up and flew down the rest of the track. The rest of the weekend consisted of me just going down the track as many times as possible even though I don't think I made it down the whole thing once without falling. It was such a rush and one of the coolest memories I have.
What first got you interested in the sport?
- I joined with a group of friends when the Junior division was created in 2016.
If there is one piece of advice that you could offer new riders, what would it be?
- If you think you would like it even a little bit, then you should definitely try it. It's so much better than you can imagine. Even though you might fall a lot, it rarely hurts. And most importantly, SEND IT!
Who is your favorite sports athlete?
- I don't have a favorite, but a few athletes I have always admired are Joe Mauer and Drew Brees because they are amazing athletes and great people too.